Timetable changesFrom the 9th of December 2018.
With the timetable change of the 9th December 2018, the measures introduced on the 2nd of September have been confirmed. Planned are also other changes to improve the service.
Main measures for timetable stability
On the 2nd of September 2018 measures were introduced to improve punctuality between Chiasso and Mendrisio, for example the terminus for the S10 and S40 links in Como S. Giovanni, and the introduction of two new RE10 links. In view of the good results of these measures, they will be included in the 2019 timetable. More informations: «Important timetable changes for TILO RE10, S10 and S40 lines».
Changes for RE10 and S10 lines
The cancellation of the RE10 and S10 connections between Lugano and Bellinzona, which was launched on the 15th of October 2018, will be lifted. Departure time changes in the minute range are possible.
All RE10 connections from / to Milano Centrale now at least go from / to Lugano.
Also, another RE10 connection with departure from Milano Centrale will be introduced at 7.42 p.m.
- All S10 connections will be extended to Chiasso from Monday to Friday.
- The RE10 connection from Mendrisio at 7.31 a.m. is extended to Castione-Arbedo.
Changes for S20 line
The S20 connections from Locarno of 6:58 a.m. and 4:58 p.m. depart at 6:50 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. respectively.
Two new connections from Locarno will be introduced at 5.20 p.m. and 5.50 p.m.
The S20 connections from Bellinzona in the direction of Locarno leave in the minute .28 and .58.
From the 13th of January 2019, due to important construction work on the line, all S20 connections between Cadenazzo and Locarno will be replaced by bus from 10.35 p.m. from Sunday to Thursday.
Railway system affected by various construction sites
This year too, the TILO network will be affected by various construction works. The most important were considered in the timetable.
Here we point to other construction sites that will affect the 2019 timetable:
- Dragonato Tunnel in Bellinzona: complete track closure between Bellinzona and Giubiasco in the weekends 23rd-25th of March and 30th of March-1st of April 2019.
- Doubling of the track on the line Cadenazzo–Locarno (see changes line S20.
- Construction site on the S30 line Cadenazzo–Luino until the 16th of April 2019.
- Activation of new systems in Chiasso: heavy traffic restrictions on the 13th and 14th of April 2019 between Como and Mendrisio.
Passengers will be informed on time in case of disruption on the TILO Lines.
We advise all travelers to check the departure times of their connections as small time changes are possible on all lines.
More information on the timetable change
SBB online timetable