New ways to buy cross-border tickets
Now also available online.
The cross-border tickets and travelcards make it possible to travel between Ticino and Lombardy. The tickets are valid in the area of the Arcobaleno fare network and on the regional trains and suburban net of Trenord.
Cross-border tickets can be purchased as follows.
- via the sales channels of the Arcobaleno fare network and via the Arcobaleno App;
- at SBB counters and ticket machines, via SBB Mobile and online at SBB.ch.
- at Trenord counters;
- at Trenord ticket machines;
- at authorised sales outlets;
- via the Trenord e-store and the Trenord app (available for Android devices in the Play Store and for iOS in the App Store)
From 1 January 2020, new monthly travelcards for youths, annual travelcards for adults and annual travelcards for youths will also be available, through the sales channels of the Arcobaleno fare network and at SBB counters and ticket machines.
The monthly travelcard for adult can be purchased as normal.
Tickets and travelcards departing or arriving at Swiss train stations are also valid in all Arcobaleno fare network zones along the railway line from the station to the country border.
The transport titles of Arcobaleno fare network are only sold in Swiss Francs (CHF). The transport titles of Trenord are sold only in Euro (EUR).